CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

What are those little sticks?

i clearly remember my first meal in taiwan. as we went in the restaurant everything was so strange, the characters on the menu, the waitress speaking an unknown language.
we were so hungry so we just ordered by looking at the pictures.
everything seemed fine; when the food was served, we were waiting for the silverware but to our surprise only little sticks were set on the middle of the table.
that day we felt like monkeys...what monkey see...monkey do :-).
after fighting with the food for a couple of minutes i was finally able to grab the food with the chopsticks.
now i am an expert in eating with it..i can even catch a fly with those two little sticks...jejeje..

7 comments:

IRWAN said...

Hahahaha,,,,
I know it was hard for u to use sticks to eat,,,
U did a good job Bea,,,,
Now u not only can use sticks but u can order food in Chinese,,,,
Frankly saying, your Chinese is really good,,,,,
U can speak, write and listen Chinese,,,,,
=D

Beatriz said...

thank you for the complement :-)but it will take alot of time--which i dont have-- to master the chinense language.
well will see...will see ;-p

Kieran Ryan said...

Bea! I like your blog, lots of cool stuff, very personal! Nice job!

Unknown said...

I know!! Chop are hard at the first times.. but then you get use to it!!

Jeffrey Cheng - NightOwl413 said...

I'm impressed with you guys' chopsticks skillz.

Carlita said...

Yes, good job. I can not say the same about myself because since it was too difficult for me I always looked for a fork or a spoon.

Jo-Han Cheng, the VP of A Team! said...

Welcome to Taiwan!